We're Hiring in Brooklyn
Five Stride Skate Shop Seasonal Sales Associate - Brooklyn
We have an immediate opening for a Seasonal Sales Associate position in our Brooklyn, NY retail shop. The position will vary between 13 and 15 hours per week with the potential to go up to 20 hours some weeks (approximately 2-3 shifts) per week from date of hire. This is a temporary, seasonal position through early September 2022. We are an owner run and operated shop where all employees put in shared effort to keep the shop running. Our retail store is not a single task environment. In order to complete all that needs to get done daily (with customer sales being first priority), you will find yourself working on multiple tasks and assignments in a shift. Saturday shifts are required, with flexibility for additional days.
Starting pay is $17.50 per hour DOE
We offer paid sick time, paid vacation, employee discount, and store credit.
- Previous retail or service experience in a high volume, customer focused environment
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative and multi-task
- Excellent people skills; ability to listen, communicate, and relate to others on a personal level to help customers find their perfect skate
- Excellent communication skills; including knowing when to ask for help
- Responsible, reliable, and punctual
- Experience or interest in roller skating required; experience with hand tools and power tools is a plus
- Available to work all Saturdays during the period of employment, with some flexibility for additional days
- Ability to problem-solve on the fly
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Word, and Excel is a must
- Able to lift 30 pounds and lift boxes overhead
- Greet customers, find out the customer's needs, and recommend skates and gear that are right for the customer
- Fit customers for skates by measuring their feet and recommending a proper boot for their skating discipline, foot shape, level of skating, and desired features
- Provide information about warranties, care, and maintenance of purchases
- Work with customer to educate them on basic adjustment of new skates
- Receive and process cash and credit payments; accept orders and deposits for items not in stock; and complete a sales record at the end of each day
- Organize and process merchandise exchanges
- Process incoming skate repairs and services
- Stay current with shop products and pricing
- Arrange and display merchandise, keep merchandise back stock area tidy, and restock as necessary
- Keep store clean- sweep, mop, dust, clean windows, clean bathroom, etc
- Unpack orders, price merchandise, and update inventory numbers in point of sale system
- Ship customer orders and mail orders and assist customers with online orders
Five Stride serves all disciplines of roller skaters. We would love to add a skater who is knowledgeable about aggressive quad skating.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the skaters we serve. We encourage applications from Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, people with disabilities, trans and non-binary folks, and LGBTQ2S people. If you are a member of one of these groups, you are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter or resume.
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining why your skills are a good match for this position, and why you want to work at Five Stride. We welcome your email of interest at: firstname.lastname@example.org